The search is over, so now what?
We are excited to introduce you to our new Lead Pastors, Jason & Heidi DeVerna.
Check out a sermon video
Jason & Heidi have been married for 20 years (in June) and are blessed to have three wonderful children: Jared (14), Jadyn (12), and Jack (4). They have served in various ministry roles for over twenty years in Ohio and Virginia.
Jason & Heidi are both graduates of the University of Toledo. Heidi has both her B.Ed. and M.Ed. from the University of Toledo. Jason received a B.A. in Political Science from University of Toledo and a M.A. in Practical Theology from Regent University. They love spending time with their family, reading, the beach, sports and especially college football (sorry, they’re Ohio State fans, but we can forgive them).
How we can pray for Connecting Point Church and our new Lead Pastors?
Suggested Prayer List For The Congregation:
In a desire to care for the Body at Connecting Point Church in a spirit of peace and unity, here is
a prayer list to cover some very important aspects of welcoming our new Lead Pastors, Jason & Heidi DeVerna, and their children: Jared, Jadyn, and Jack. Thank God with us for providing the gift of a new Lead Pastor. We ask for your prayers as we wholeheartedly welcome and embrace them as members of the CPC Family. Also, Please Pray:
1. That the words we speak about our new Lead Pastor and his family honor God in every way.
2. That we continue to demonstrate great love, faith and commitment as we walk together as a Body in a unified way during the remainder of this transition and beyond, so that others know we belong to Him (John 13:35) .
3. That we as a Body not miss the opportunity to continue to give more, serve more and love more as a spiritual act of Worship (Mark 12:30).
4. That Jason, Heidi and their family are anxious for nothing during their transition and that every detail in transition is covered—home, school, friends for children, etc. (Phil 4:6).
5. For Jason, Heidi and their children as they say goodbye to their current support system in Ohio.
For Kris and Leslye:
1. That Kris would experience great peace as he ends his role as interim pastor.
2. That Kris and Leslye know and experience how grateful we are for them and their service at CPC.
3. That Kris will sense that he has finished his assignment well at CPC.
4. That Kris will experience much joy and success in his future endeavors.
Timing — what’s next?
We will continue to communicate the excitement of what God has in store for CPC. Pastor Kris and the team will continue to serve the church as they have during the interim period. The goal is to cover the transition with prayer (see prayer guide) and demonstrate consistency coupled with faith
for the future. Jason will begin communicating with the team on a regular basis.
May 5 – 6, Jason & Heidi will be here to visit. We will have a “Meet and Greet” on Sunday evening at 5pm at the church. We will also host a Q&A with Jason and Heidi. You can submit your questions at [email protected]
We will do our best to answer as many questions as possible. There will also be a sign-up sheet for future coffees, lunches, dinners, etc..
Our new pastors want to meet you and hear your story! Heidi will also be attending the women’s retreat on Saturday.
May 13 th will be Pastor Kris’ final Sunday. Let’s make sure we honor and appreciate his service. Please see the prayer guide for suggested prayer points. The remaining Sundays in May will be filled by Jason’s ministry friends. We will begin a new series on navigating change. Jason will continue communicating with the team and take a more active role by connecting remotely for staff training and relationship building.
This is relocation month for the entire family. The goal is that Jason will begin weekends by June 10th . We will have an official installation service
(hopefully w/Pastor Steve Kelly or another key Wave pastor). This date is TBD pending availability.
We will host another “Meet and Greet” / Q&A session.
Jason and Heidi want to meet you, so please don’t hesitate to sign up for coffee, lunch, or dinner meetings!